Heavenly Veggie Coconut Curry
Aug 02, 2022
Currently, my friends, this is my favorite dish!
It's warm, nourishing, packed with so many beautiful colors and nutrients.
Each ingredient is anti-inflammatory, fully of antioxidants, and created by Mother Nature herself.
It's not the easiest dish to make, BUT, it's worth every ounce of effort! I make a huge batch and will eat it for days and days.
I recently created this for the most amazing retreat I attended, and the attendees LOVED it! It's perfect to make for lots of people, or just to hoard it all yourself.
I serve it on top of soaked and cooked basmati rice. Before serving I add cilantro, minced ginger, and lime juice from one or two limes.
You can also use bone broth to up the ante and add more bioavailable nutrients that your body is craving!
Enough chit chat, let's do this!
Heavenly Veggie Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 8
Curry Veggie Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Yellow Onions (chopped)
- 1 Large Red Peppers (chopped)
- 2 large cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3 Carrots (chopped)
- 3 Celery Stalks (chopped / use greens too)
- 1 large Sweet Potatoes (chopped)
- 3 inches of minced ginger
- 2 tbsp. Curry Spices (I like this one and can be found in most health-focused grocers)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups bone broth (or veggie broth depending what floats your boat)
- Using LARGE Instapot set to Sauté
- Add coconut oil
- Add all vegetables except spices and ginger
- Sauté for 10 – 12 minutes until veggies are lightly cooked.
- Add ginger and Curry spices and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes
- Add bone broth, stir and mix well.
- Turn Instapot setting to soup/stew and/or manual and pressure cook for 10 minutes
- Let pressure release naturally
- Using a hand mixer, puree to create a saucy consistency.
- Add in 2 cans of coconut milk
- Stir well and let cook on medium-slow cook setting with pressure released.
- Allow to cook for 1 more hour.
- Cool and set aside, or if making in advance store in an airtight glass container.
Spiced Veggies for Curry:
- 3 lbs. red, white, or yellow potatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 of large head of cauliflower (or small head) – cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 Tbsp. Chopped cilantro
- 3 inches of ginger minced
- 2 tbsp. Curry Spices
- 1 cup sprouted lentils (optional)
- Place all ingredients in Large Instapot
- Sauté for 10-12 minutes
- Add in premade Curry Sauce
- Add in 1 cup Sprouted Lentils (optional)
- Set Instapot to medium slow cook and allow to cook for 4-6 hours
- 1 hour before serving add 1 can of coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Stir and return to slow cooking for 1 hour.
- Serve and bask in the heaven you created!!
Serve / Top with:
- Cooked Basmati Rice
- Chopped Cilantro
- Minced Ginger
This dish is worth the time and effort, believe me! It's so yummy and hits all the right spots. It's sweet, salty, and SO savory! You will LOVE!
In love and nourishment,
The Hippie Moms, LLC
The Hippie Moms Podcast
Were you forwarded this blog post or do you know someone who would love to receive this type of information in their email? Use this link to sign up!