I KNOW! Another ritual to add to your daily routine!
But this routine not only feels AMAZING it has many benefits.
Dry brushing has been used for centuries by Scandinavians and Russians. More than 30 years ago, a Finnish doctor by the name of Paavo Airola prescribed this technique for his patients to detoxify, exfoliate and stimulate the skin. (Source)
The skin is…
So listen to what your skin is telling you!
1. Increases circulation possibly reducing cellulite. One of our nemesis, cellulite, is toxic accumulations of our body’s fat cells. Dry brushing helps break down those unwanted toxins revealing smoother skin.
2. Exfoliation. Brushing helps shed dead skin cells and encourage new cell growth. This brightens and smooths skin.
3. Improves our lymphatic system. This system helps eliminates cellular waste and is the drain system of our body.
We have twice as much lymph (lymphatic fluid) in our body as blood! When our lymphatic system is congested, inflammation and disease can be manifested through this congestion. Dry Brushing stimulates our lymphatic system by assisting in the release of toxins.
4. Increases circulation to our skin. This encourages toxic waste to be eliminated.
5. It feels amazing! Once you get over the initial process, this daily ritual can be addicting and invigorating!
Use this diagram to get a better understanding of the direction of skin brushing stokes:
I love how simple and effective this technique is.
Do you dry brush your skin? Will you give it a try? Please share!
In love and healthy skin,
NTP, Clean Living Educator & Advocate
Download your The Hippie Mom's Guide to Clean Eating!! You'll discover SO many amazing resources to guide you on your journey to cultivate more health in your and your family's lives by decreasing toxins in your food!
Download your free Hippie Mom's Guide to Clean Eating!! You'll discover SO many amazing resources to guide you on your journey to cultivate more health in your and your family's lives by decreasing toxins in your food!
Just enter your name an email to download now!