Hippie Mom Raw Bars
Apr 14, 2022
I really couldn’t think of a better name for these delicious raw bars, so Hippie Mom Raw Bars it is!
These raw ingredients are nutrient-dense, high in fiber, loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, protein, and satisfy that sweet tooth with flavor and fullness.
You can always make these your own by playing with different seeds, nut butters, and toppings!
Let’s do this:
- 1 cup organic (sprouted is best) oats I LOVE One Degree Brand
- 1 cup organic almond, peanut, cashew, or any other nut and/or seed butter
- 1 cup organic raw pecans, almonds, cashews, or walnuts
- 10-12 dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia, hemp, flax, and/or sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 2 – 2.5 cups organic dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of Sea salt
- Melt chocolate chips in a sauce pan on super low heat.
- You can also create a double boiler and melt them that way.
- Stir consistently until they are melted.
- Set aside.
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch glass or metal dish by lining it with unbleached parchment paper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until all ingredients are mixed well and solidified in a nice pasty form.
- Pour the mixed ingredients into the prepared dish and press down firmly to create the base of the bars.
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate on top and spread it evenly.
- Put into the freezer to set for 1-2 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer good up to 1-2 months (doubt they will last that long!).
They are perfect to take on trips, pack in the kid's lunches, or even just eat them all yourself… I promise not to tell.
Let me know if you try them!
In love and light,
The Hippie Moms, LLC
The Hippie Moms Podcast